Trinity Church is a Virginia historical site founded in 1762. The church was originally made up of just the central rectangle with the barrel vault and clear glass windows. After the Revolutionary War, the north wall was rebuilt from the British fortification raised by General Benedict Arnold. The bell in the bell tower was cracked while ringing the victory at Yorktown, ending the war. The beautiful stained glass came in 1859 and not only recognized religious imagery but pays homage to heroes from the war of 1812 and the confederacy. The church also welcomed both free and enslaved African-Americans into the congregation and served as a hospital for African American soldiers in the Union Army. Trinity has six Tiffany windows.
This Virginia historical site served as a hospital for African American soldiers in the Union Army.